Is it time to sell your home?
Are you thinking of selling your home to move to a seniors supportive environment?
Or perhaps to move in with an adult son or daughter who can help with your needs as you grow older? You may be considering leaving the family home with all that it represents—the place where children were raised; the safety and security of a family unit; the physical space where your oldest and dearest memories reside.
For seniors, it can signify the best years of their lives, where friends and community ties were made. Many seniors would prefer to continue living in their own home, or aging in place. Sometimes, circumstances work against those preferences:
• Home maintenance becomes a burden
• A major life event forces considering a move
• An aging parent wants to live closer to adult children or other caretakers
• Financial concerns make it difficult to keep the home
• Support services are needed that are not available at home Whatever the reason, there may come a time when parents, along with their adult children, consider selling and moving on.
As a Real Estate Professional designated as a Seniors Specialist, I can empathize and assist in every step of the process. With like many other of my past clients; will be very happy with your move, wondering why you didn’t make the move earlier!
This booklet link below is designed to help guide your family through the complex issues and unique situations you may encounter during the process.
Seniors Real Estate Specialist® • www.sres.org 1 Moving On A Guide to Housing-Related Resources Tailored to Seniors and their Families Published by the SRES ® Council, Seniors Real Estate Specialist
-Tom O’Donnell, Scarborough, ON